Membership in this Society is a privilege and is contingent upon compliance with the requirements specified in
the GSO Bylaws. No person shall be accepted or continued as a
member of this Society unless they are of good moral character and adhere to the ethical standards of the
The requirements for eligibility in the various categories of membership are:
Active: | FREE 1st Year * | $125 ANNUAL DUES
Active physicians who are engaged in and whose practice is limited
to otolaryngology/head & neck surgery and who are licensed by the
Composite State Board of Medical Examiners to practice medicine in the
State of Georgia and who have received formal training that would qualify
them for tracking for certification by the American Academy of
Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery. Active members shall be entitled to
full privileges of this Society. They shall pay annual assessments.
Associate: | FREE 1st Year * | $60 ANNUAL DUES
Associate Members shall be individuals who are not licensed in otolaryngology/head
and neck surgery but who have shown distinction in research, surgical innovation or
teaching in the fields of otolaryngology/head and neck surgery, radiology, audiology,
speech and language pathology or other disciplines related to the specialty. Associate
members may also consist of advanced practice providers including physician assistants
and nurse practitioners. Associate Members may not vote or hold office, but may serve
on Committees. They shall be required to pay dues.
Active members who have attained the age of sixty-five
(65) years or who have had continuous active membership for
twenty-five (25) years may apply for emeritus status. Members in
this category will be exempt from dues and will enjoy all other
privileges of active members except voting privileges.
The Board of Directors is authorized to elect honorary members.
A proposal for honorary membership shall be made to the secretary of the
society. Proposal shall be made by an active member of the society in good
standing and shall be endorsed by another active member of the society in
good standing. Proposals for such honorary membership shall then be
referred to the Board of Directors whose decision shall be final, by a majority
vote, as to the election of such honorary members. Honorary members shall
not be required to pay dues of any kind. Further, honorary members shall not
be entitled to a vote.
Inactive Members shall be former dues paying Members who, by
virtue of illness, deficiency in continuing medical education requirements or
other reasons, can no longer maintain such Membership. They may request
transfer to Inactive Membership with the approval of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors may restore an Inactive Membership to the former
Membership status upon appropriate written request. Inactive Members may
not vote or hold office or serve on Committees. They shall not be required to
New to Georgia? Your dues are FREE for the first year of membership!
- Two accredited educational opportunities per year at the member rate
- Access to discounted fees for your own CME activities through a joint-provider-ship from SAPS CME
- Opportunity for you and your staff to attend bi-annual coding and reimbursements seminars at discounted fee
- Representation at national level with the American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
- Advocacy at the state level (including but not limited to: scope of practice issues and tort reform)
- Representation within Medical Association of Georgia’s house of delegates and legislative committee
- Networking/comradery amongst your peers
- Inclusion in a referral network at the GSO/HNS headquarters
- Free subscription to the ENTertainer e-newsletter two times per year
Become a Member |
Update your Information |
Pay your Dues
* FREE membership expires at end of calendar year